Nick Baines Model Engineering
This site is devoted to my model engineering activity. Most of this has been scratch building highly detailed and functioning railway models, mainly in O-gauge and mainly British railway companies. On this site I have put some details of my construction projects, and some information on workshop tools and techniques. This includes various articles I have written on the subject.
• LSWR Mazeppa class Meteor, pictures on the Projects page
• LSWR Meteor class Vulture, pictures on the Projects page
• Another Lady of the Lake, now being painted and pictures to follow
In the pipeline:
• A "Sharpie", a single driver from Sharp Brothers (1846 vintage)
• Another challenging prototype from early LNWR, details to fillow if and when it happens
The small print
You may copy the content of this site for private, non-commercial use only. For any other purposes, including publication in electronic, print, or other form, please contact me for permission. If you refer to, use or reproduce any information on this site, please reference www.nickbaines.me.uk.
I have tried to be as accurate and factual as possible, but any use you make of the information contained in this site is at your own risk. I disclaim all responsibility for such use, and the consequences of such use.
Opinions expressed are my own, and are based on my own experience and understanding. I have no connection, other than as a satisfied customer, with any of the individuals or companies named on this site.
MACHINE TOOLS AND WORKSHOP PRACTICES CAN BE DANGEROUS IF USED CARELESSLY OR IMPROPERLY. ALWAYS TAKE PROPER SAFETY PRECAUTIONS